Friday 26 June 2009

Uses for leftover scrap paper


I didn't sleep very well last night, so I decided to get up and do some crafting in the office. Carrying on with the thrifty theme I thought I would get my Sizzix out and cut some die shapes using my leftover scrap pieces of paper and card. Then I placed the shapes into individual food bags and labelled them (I can be organised when I want to be!)


I love these food bags from Ikea, they come in two colours and sizes. Great for organising your crafts. So I started to think about what other uses or crafting techniques you can use your scrap paper for. I created this list:

  1. Punching out shapes
  2. Lining your envelopes
  3. Making a collage
  4. Making your own book markers
  5. Die Cutting (like myself)
  6. Origami
  7. Weaving scraps like ribbon
  8. Paper Sculpting
  9. Making your own beads (tear strips and roll into a bead)
  10. Covering pencils to make them look unique
  11. Creating a mosaic
  12. Making your own flower embellishments
  13. Paper applique
  14. Making your own note book
  15. Using scraps to stamp onto
  16. Placing peel offs onto scrap paper and cutting out
  17. Making your own confetti
  18. Making matchbox size boxes
  19. Paper Mache
  20. Wrapping and decorating a chocolate bar as a gift
  21. Creating your own paper shoes
  22. Crimp it to give a different dimension to your card
  23. Paper piercing
  24. Use to Matt and layer your cards
  25. Use for journaling your scrapbooking pages

Well these are just a few of my ideas, but I would love to know if you have any of your own.

Nettie.x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading my blog. I love every comment I receive. Thank you Nettie.x