Tuesday 17 November 2009

A Tale of Two Cats..................

I meant to share these pictures with you a while back, but it completely slipped my mind. If you haven't guessed by now from my blog, I am a cat lover. I have two British Blue Shorthaireds called; Harmony & Melody (sisters). I will tell you the story of how they came to live with us.................Chris and I wanted to home an older cat and Chris had previously had a British Blue (so this type of cat would have been our ideal but they were out of our price range).
We went to our local RSPCA Cat Rehoming centre to find ourselves a loveable cat. As soon as we walked in our eyes saw these two beautiful BB cats, who had been dumped in a wicker basket with no cover in the winter and they were only 8 months old. We were devastated to find out they had already been reserved with another family, but the assistant advised us to put our names down on the reservation list just in case the other family fell through (which we of course did). She said it was highly unlikely that this would happen though. We continued to look at the other cats in the centre but didn't take to any of them and didn't want to home a kitten, so we left without a cat. A few days later we had a call to say that the original family had fallen through and would we still like to give the cats a home. Of course we said yes and arrived on the RSPCA's doorstep in minutes. It took about 6 months for them to settle in but they are now happy in their new home and they have been living with us for 3 years (I hope I haven't bored you by now).

We purchased two lampshades the other day, which you guessed it................came in these boxes. Lets just say that it only took a few minutes for the above picture to happen.

Harmony..........................


Melody.....................................

Why is it they always want to sleep in the things we want to through away?? I will leave it at that.
Take care Nettie.xxx

3 comments:

  1. awwww netie they look so sweet tucked up in their boxes!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a cat, but there are many cats in the households of my friends and family! There's Monkey, Mattie, Maui, Sacha, and Tiger! Funny how they all love those boxes!
    Hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. see you don't have to have expensive cat beds as they always love what you would rather they didn't.
    thanks for the fun at Dunelm store but don't think we ought to go to often as they have so much reasonable crafting stuff.
    see you in the morning
    love mum

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and reading my blog. I love every comment I receive. Thank you Nettie.x